Family Practice/Family Nurse Practitioner
Cross County Medical Care, a physician owned multispecialty group based in Queens New York, is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Bellerose location
Full/Part Time: Full Time/ Part Time
Department: Family Practice/Family Nurse Practitioner
Location: Queens New Yord
Requisition Number: CCMC-0715140
A Nurse Practitioner is certified under section 6910 of the New York State Education Law and licensed as a Registered Nurse. Provides acute/primary health care in accordance with written policies approved by nursing and medical administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for patient care as outlined within collaborative practice agreement..
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care.
- Demonstrates accountability for own nursing practice.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Bilangual Bengali, Indi, or Udu preferred but not required
Is a graduate of New York State registered Nurse Practitioner Program or equivalent OR is certified as a Nurse Practitioner by a national association via examination.
Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice. Professional certification by relevant professional organization preferred.
3 ways to apply for this job:
- Click here to upload your resume
- Fax your resume: 718 347-9100
DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE FOR JOB INQUIRY